Pope Francis has written a love-letter to your families, called the Joy of Love, Amoris Laetitia. The letter is rather long, but well worth the time spent reflecting on it. To get the good word out to more families, Homemade Disciples Blog offers this series of bulletin or newsletter posts for sharing for understanding The Joy of Love with Families in your parish or organization.
About Amoris Laetitia:
- The Joy of Love was released by Pope Francis in April 2016 and is part of the Pope’s teaching office.
- Another name for such a letter is an Apostolic Exhortation.
- It is the fruit of the discussions and consultations of the two meetings of the Synod of Bishops he held at the Vatican in 2014 and 2015 on issues of family life.
- The Joy of Love is remarkable for its length -- 365 paragraphs and 9 chapters -- and range, addressing individuals, couples, and extended families first, before addressing clergy and church ministers.
- Pope Francis intends the letter as an aid to reflection, dialogue and pastoral practice, and as a help and encouragement to families in their daily commitments and challenges.”
We thank God for the constant teaching of the Church. It guides and encourages parents and catechists to work patiently together to pass on a vibrant, active faith to the next generation --- and witness to Christ in their homes, in the parish, and in the world.